Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Matthew 26:27


Amen Brutha. Um....so..supposedly this is on Haight and Masonic...I literally live like one block away from this...I am gonna go investigate and see if this truly exists. If they offered bacon and beer at church- I just might go attend Sunday mass more often then I do now...which is basically never!

I used to pound the "blood of Christ" as a kid. I think i was the only one in my family who would go for it. After eating the little wafer/ communion/necco wafer/ Styrofoam tasting thingy..I would get in the wine line and wait my turn with my hands folded all weird (you have to fold them in some weird way- all cupped and I can never remember how....I don't think anybody really knows how and everyone just pretends to know.) Then some fellow church person- probably an oldie- would hold up the goblet (which they would just wipe with a hankie and turn after the person before me- probably another oldie- just took a sip of wine aka "blood" from it....sorta not sanitary at all...but whatevs.....free wine is free wine...especially when you are like 9 years old!!) So they hold it up and say BLOOD OF CHRIST and i would say AMEN....and then take the big ol cup, tilt my head back and just gulp!! They would usually have to pull the cup away! Whatever...I am just getting my moneys worth I guess. Then I would just walk back to my aisle to hook back up with the rest of my family (sans Dad since "he didn't believe in god" ---no FAIR!!) and pretend to pray and/ or bug my siblings...ususally a combo of both!

No comments: