Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Oh Snap!

Last night, my boyfriend and I decided to go to the store to grab some flatbread for our shawarma and wine dinner. As we were turning into the parking lot of Trader Joe's, I look out the window of the car to my right and who do I see just standing by the curb chatting on his cell phone? Mr. Brian Malarkey...one of the final four from this season's TOP CHEF.

Needless to say, I freaked out and just kept sayin, "oh my god. oh my god. It's Brian." (like i know the guy.)

My boyfriend who was driving at the time and had no idea what I was freaking out about as I grabbed his arm super hard or even who I was talking about (he didn't watch the show.) But knowing me, he was like "where is your camera?" Just my luck....I didn't have my camera....Man...I was so so bummed. I would have totally nerded out and hopped out of the car to snap my picture with the guy. I probably would have freaked him out. I am surprised he didnt hear me yelling from inside the car.

So we just ended up parking and going into Trader Jose to continue our shopping...but let me tell you...I was a giddy as a little girl....but bummed at the same time that the camera on my cell phone would have been to crappy to capture me and this "celebrity."

So...Brian does own a restaurant and he does live here in San Diego, so I guess its not that big of a deal but still it was cool seeing him. Too bad it wasn't Sam from the previous season...Oh la la...

The worst part about the story....when we got back home...I reached into my purse...and what did I find?

MY FREAKIN CAMERA!

(Can you tell I have not let this go yet?)

No comments: