Friday, October 19, 2007

I am lucky I don't live in Texas

I would be 500 pounds if I lived in that state. Look at some of the crazy food you can get at the 2007 State Fair of Texas! This fair has tons of weird food (mainly deep fried anything) that all sound like they would be pretty good (maybe just one bite) but after browsing through all of them, these sound the best to me. They sound like they were basically invented for me:

Spicy Queso Bites

Cheddar cheese mixed with salsa, chilled, scooped, breaded in zesty batter and fried. (I guess this same vendor has fried guacamole..oh lordy)

Fernie's Fried Potato Stack-ums

Sour cream, cheese, chives and bacon bits are sandwiched between two hash brown patties and topped with more sour cream, cheese, bacon and chives

Fried Peppermints

Eight soft peppermint candies are battered and deep fried. With peppermint sauce and powdered sugar. (I am freaking out about these)



Fernie's Fried Chili Frito Burrito

A flour tortilla dipped in chicken broth is filled with chili and Chili Cheese Fritos, folded and deep-fried. Served with a choice of toppings.

No comments: