Thursday, September 27, 2007

Holy Crap! I was reminded of why Halloween is so Spoooooktaclur

So I am gonna let you in on a little secret…… Sometimes when I am really craving something sweet, I will go to ice cream places and ask for a “sample”. Now, I always ask to “sample” a flavor that I already know I love but I pretend that I have never tried it before. Usually it tends to be Bubble Gum (IF I am that lucky) or something with Peanut Butter Cups or if I am at Baskin Robbins, it is always Daiquiri Ice and at Rite Aid (fka Thrifty’s) its always Chocolate Malted Crunch and Butter Pecan….. So I get my sample on those little spoons and I pretend to be trying that flavor for the first time…I usually make comments like” Oh…ummm…huh….that’s pretty good….but can I try ….” Then after I have “tried” all of my favorite flavors I make a face like I am not that impressed with the ice cream (although deep down inside I am super stoked) and then go, “Okay…thanks but I think I am good” and walk away.

So when I went to go buy a Diet Rockstar a few mins ago….this scenario just happened. Its not my fault the Longs has a Dryers Ice Cream inside of it. So normally at this Longs I “sample” BG (bubble gum…they have the blue kind….ca-ching!!) Yeah…I have done this here before and the person who helped me could barely see over the counter so when he had to scoop my sample he had to reach really far and I felt really bad because I knew I had no intention of ever buying a scoop. But today they didn’t have Bubble Gum but they did have “Birthday Cake” and “Pumpkin”!!!! So I asked for a sample of both (did my whole little spiel) and the girl put the flavors on one little spoon. I was like “oh wait…don’t mix them.” And she said “I don’t have any more spoons this is my last one.” …um... chickie babe…I can see the whole box full of spoons that you just pulled that out of…..The Birthday Cake was actually really good. Didn’t taste like bday cake but it was yummy. But today, it was all about the Pumpkin.

This brings me to why I love Halloween time. I basically love anything to do with Holidays and most of the seasonal products that go along with it. But Halloween in particular is so amazing due to the CANDY! I love Halloween candy. I love the Fun-Size candy bars- I love how everything is orange and black and I especially love when they make your favorite kinds of candy in “Halloween shapes” because you know what that means? That candy is FRESH!!! You are guaranteed that the pumpkin shaped Reese’s is fresh since they only make it one time a year (compared to normal ones…who knows when those were made)….So here is listing of RAD Halloween Candy I just saw in one visit to the Grocery Store:

Peppermint Patty Bats
Peppermint Patty Pumpkins with orange filling
Reese’s Pumpkins
M&Ms in black and orange with pumpkin faces on them
Candy Corn (dont try the Hershey Kiss Candy Corn...super nasty...and I like most things that resemble candy corn)
Those little Pumpkins that are made out of the same stuff that candy corn is made of
Cotton Candy Spider webs
Carmel Apple Suckers
Mixed bags of candy with multiple verities (for example….one bag with a mix of Reese's, junior mints, kit Kat….are you kidding me?)


1 comment:

d. said...

I want a Reese's pumpkin RIGHT NOW