Monday, May 11, 2009

Try drinking water upside down from the Opposite side of the glass

Besides John Travolta, Corey Feldman, Christian Slater and Danny from the New Kids on the Block, one of my childhood crushes was the one and only KTVU-Channel 2 News Anchor, Dennis Richmond.  Not really sure why- but you can't help who you fall for!! I remember being super young and watching TV and then the boring ass news would come on and there HE would be.... sitting next to that Leslie Griffith (pre-plastic surgery Leslie Griffith with her weird blond up-do...probably some gross french twist or something.) I remember feelin almost like paralyzed by his handsomeness. I assume most girls my age did not have the same reaction to this man as I did.

I never knew much about Dennis Richmond. I mean- to be honest- when I told people I thought he was hot, I often said Dennis Rodman instead of Richmond on accident.
Pretty much all I knew about the guy was that he lived in Oakland and I was told that he was a big smoker and worked out a bunch (all about balance, right?) But other than being hot, having a great voice and looking like he probably gives good hugs...he was pretty much a mystery to me. 

Unfortunately- after 32 years he retired and is no longer on the air so I don't get to see him on TV anymore. I guess I could get all stalkarazzi like and google Image search him all day long or whenever I need a fix but I don't. (not until today!!)
But lucky me....while searching for camping articles, I came across this little gem: KTVU-Anchor Transition without a Hiccup. Turns out Dennis Richmond has a HICCUP PROBLEM and had one the entire time he was on air. WTF? Not only that.....he LIMPS from a paralyzed left ankle. I mean...hold the phone!! My mind is blown....I mean....I ...I still love the guy (obviously...gray hair and all) but um...hello? you could have informed me of this like....hmmm..let's see....mmmm....20 years ago!!! 

1 comment:

sweet said...

oh yeah, that dennis richmond is a fox for sure! back in the old days (because i'm way older than you) it wasn't leslie griffith getting in the way, it was that crazy broad elaine corral!